Arts, Media and Society
Visual art today is strongly interlinked with today’s society, a connection which is reinforced and deepened by social and other media. In Arts, Media and Society, a specialisation of our Art History bachelor's programme, you will explore this relationship and analyse how it reflects and impacts the issues of our time, while also learning practical and academic skills that are invaluable in the current job market.
Why Arts, Media and Society at Leiden University?
- It’s a unique, English-taught specialisation of Leiden’s Art History bachelor’s programme.
- You can study various art forms and artistic media, including the visual arts, film and photography, installation art, bio-art and digital media art.
- Many of its lecturers are affiliated to the LUCAS Institute, an important arts-oriented research centre.
- It’s a small-scale programme in which you will learn from leading academics and guest lecturers.
- Leiden is home to 13 museums and within easy reach of other leading Dutch and European museums.
Ready to apply?Visit course website
Bachelor of Arts
The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is a student-centred system based on the student workload required to achieve the objectives of a programme of study. Its aim is to facilitate the recognition of study periods undertaken by mobile students through the transfer of credits. The ECTS is based on the principle that 60 credits are equivalent to the workload of full-time student during one academic year.
No Numerus Fixus
Without numerus fixus.
Tuition fee 2023/2024
The EU/EEA rate is the regular fee for students from within the EU/EEA.
The non-EU/EEA rate is the rate for students from outside the EU/EEA.
Application requirementsInformation not available
Check when you can start and what you have to pay!
The institutional rate is for all students who have already obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree and who want to start a second programme leading to a degree at the same level or at a lower level.
|Information not available|
|Start date||App. deadline EU/EEA||App. deadline Non-EU/EEA|
|1 Sep '23||15 Jun '23||1 Apr '23|
2311 EZ Leiden
071 - 5271111