Cities, Migration and Global Interdependence: Governance of Migration and Diversity
The interdisciplinary programme Governance of Migration and Diversity offers you the expertise from various disciplines and from three universities: Leiden University, Delft University and Erasmus University Rotterdam (LDE). You will attend courses at all three universities and become an all-round migration expert who is able to analyse and assess migration and diversity from multiple angles (history, sociology, politics, international development and urbanism).
Explore migration within a wider context
The programme aims to frame the historical study of migration in a wider interdisciplinary context. You will be trained to contribute to the governance of migration and diversity in the context of very different organisations. You will address questions such as:
- What are the opportunities and challenges for the governance of migration?
- How have societies changed in terms of diversity?
- How are newcomers incorporated?
- How can discrimination be prevented?
Why choose Governance of Migration and Diversity?
- You will gain knowledge helping you address governance issues related to migration and diversity.
- You will take part in courses offered by leading scholars from three universities and five academic disciplines.
- The course content of the programme directly relates to current issues and trains you to contribute to the governance of migration and diversity.
Ready to apply?Visit course website
Master of Arts
The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is a student-centred system based on the student workload required to achieve the objectives of a programme of study. Its aim is to facilitate the recognition of study periods undertaken by mobile students through the transfer of credits. The ECTS is based on the principle that 60 credits are equivalent to the workload of full-time student during one academic year.
No Numerus Fixus
Without numerus fixus.
Tuition fee 2023/2024
The EU/EEA rate is the regular fee for students from within the EU/EEA.
Application requirementsInformation not available
- IELTS overall band
- TOEFL internet based
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
Check when you can start and what you have to pay!
The non-EU/EEA rate is the rate for students from outside the EU/EEA.
|Information not available|
The institutional rate is for all students who have already obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree and who want to start a second programme leading to a degree at the same level or at a lower level.
|Information not available|
|Start date||App. deadline EU/EEA||App. deadline Non-EU/EEA|
|1 Sep '23||15 May '23||1 Apr '23|
|1 Feb '24||15 Nov '23||15 Oct '23|
|1 Sep '24||15 May '24||1 Apr '24|
2311 EZ Leiden
071 - 5271111