European Criminal Justice in a Global Context
This Master's programme European Criminal Justice in a Global Context deepens the knowledge on EU criminal law and its interaction with national criminal justice systems. It is designed to prepare the student for today's dynamic, fast-changing and increasingly globalised legal environment. It intends to be an intellectual challenge as well as the platform for a legal career.
This LLM focuses on:
- the constitutional foundations for criminal justice in a Europeanised setting, including the fundamental rights dimension and the harmonisation of defence rights and safeguards;
- the effects and impact of EU law on domestic criminal justice and its relationships with administrative law enforcement in such areas as anti-money laundering, financial fraud and other serious cross-border offences;
- the different legal regimes for transnational enforcement cooperation and exchange of information, including the European Arrest Warrant and European Investigation Order;
- the relationships between national criminal justice and EU authorities such as Eurojust and the European Public Prosecutor’s Office;
- the relationship between European criminal justice and its global context (external dimension).
Ready to apply?Visit course website
Master of Laws
The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is a student-centred system based on the student workload required to achieve the objectives of a programme of study. Its aim is to facilitate the recognition of study periods undertaken by mobile students through the transfer of credits. The ECTS is based on the principle that 60 credits are equivalent to the workload of full-time student during one academic year.
No Numerus Fixus
Without numerus fixus.
Tuition fee 2023/2024
The EU/EEA rate is the regular fee for students from within the EU/EEA.
For more information about the application procedure and entry requirements: https://www.uu.nl/en/masters/european-criminal-justice-global-context/admission-and-application
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- IELTS overall band
- IELTS writing
- TOEFL internet based
Check when you can start and what you have to pay!
The non-EU/EEA rate is the rate for students from outside the EU/EEA.
|Information not available|
The institutional rate is for all students who have already obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree and who want to start a second programme leading to a degree at the same level or at a lower level.
|Information not available|
|Start date||App. deadline EU/EEA||App. deadline Non-EU/EEA|
|1 Sep '23||1 Jun '23||1 Apr '23|
You can check if you're eligible for scholarships that apply to this course.
Full Faculty Scholarship
Utrecht Sylff Scholarship
Erasmus+ Master Loan Scheme
The Holland Scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in the Netherlands.
3584 CS Utrecht
030 - 2533550