The Master in European Governance is a unique double-degree programme offered in partnership with Masaryk University (Brno, Czech Republic), the University of Konstanz (Germany) and University College Dublin (Ireland). As a student you will study and live in two different European locations. This means that during the first year of the master, you study at one of the partner universities (Masaryk University Brno, University of Konstanz, University College Dublin). The second year all students will come to Utrecht. This allows you to study European governance from two different perspectives in the context of a unique personal experience. Read more about the participating universities and the double degree.
In the European Governance programme, you will:
- Obtain two Master's degrees from highly reputed universities.
- Become a trained professional with the skills to apply theory to real-life challenges.
- Analyse issues of European governance from different angles, involving economics, law, and public administration.
- Study in two different cities and countries, where you will have a unique opportunity to see various levels of government at work in two different contexts.
- Write a final thesis and do an internship within an organisation that deals with issues of European governance.
Ready to apply?Visit course website
Master of Science
The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is a student-centred system based on the student workload required to achieve the objectives of a programme of study. Its aim is to facilitate the recognition of study periods undertaken by mobile students through the transfer of credits. The ECTS is based on the principle that 60 credits are equivalent to the workload of full-time student during one academic year.
With numerus fixus. Read more about numerus fixus programmes.
Tuition fee 2023/2024
The EU/EEA rate is the regular fee for students from within the EU/EEA.
For more details about admission and application, please visit our website: https://www.uu.nl/masters/en/european-governance/admission-and-application/nl/uu
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- IELTS overall band
- IELTS writing
- TOEFL internet based
Check when you can start and what you have to pay!
The non-EU/EEA rate is the rate for students from outside the EU/EEA.
|Information not available|
The institutional rate is for all students who have already obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree and who want to start a second programme leading to a degree at the same level or at a lower level.
|Information not available|
|Start date||App. deadline EU/EEA||App. deadline Non-EU/EEA|
|1 Sep '23||1 Apr '23||1 Apr '23|
You can check if you're eligible for scholarships that apply to this course.
Full Faculty Scholarship
Utrecht Sylff Scholarship
Erasmus+ Master Loan Scheme
The Holland Scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in the Netherlands.
3584 CS Utrecht
030 - 2533550