Philosophy: Global and Comparative Perspectives
A unique programme: it offers comparative perspectives from around the world to enable you to be part of the next generation of thinkers: studying and shaping philosophy for a globalised 21st century.
Philosophy challenges you to question prejudices and to be open to different perspectives. This philosophy bachelor programme is unique in that it offers a cross-cultural dimension of comparative philosophy in which the world's thought traditions mutually inform and enrich one another. Studying the philosophies of India, Africa, East Asia, and the Arab world alongside those of the West will give you a global context for thought and make you the kind of professional that today's global world is simply crying out for.
Why study Philosopy: Global and Comparative Perspectives?
- Leiden is the only Dutch university, and one of only a few in the world, to offer a philosophy programme that combines Western perspectives with those of India, East Asia, and the Arab world.
- It’s taught in English and has a distinctly international flavour.
- You’ll have access to the Leiden University Library, with its world-famous collections of Asian manuscripts and materials.
- You’ll study with academics that are leaders in their fields.
- Leiden is a genuine university city, with several museums and other research and cultural institutions
Ready to apply?Visit course website
Bachelor of Arts
The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is a student-centred system based on the student workload required to achieve the objectives of a programme of study. Its aim is to facilitate the recognition of study periods undertaken by mobile students through the transfer of credits. The ECTS is based on the principle that 60 credits are equivalent to the workload of full-time student during one academic year.
No Numerus Fixus
Without numerus fixus.
Tuition fee 2023/2024
The EU/EEA rate is the regular fee for students from within the EU/EEA.
The non-EU/EEA rate is the rate for students from outside the EU/EEA.
Application requirementsInformation not available
- IELTS overall band
- TOEFL internet based
Check when you can start and what you have to pay!
The institutional rate is for all students who have already obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree and who want to start a second programme leading to a degree at the same level or at a lower level.
|Information not available|
|Start date||App. deadline EU/EEA||App. deadline Non-EU/EEA|
|1 Sep '23||15 Jun '23||1 Apr '23|
2311 EZ Leiden
071 - 5271111