Philosophy of Mind and Psychology
Learn a philosophical approach to understanding the human psyche. Delve into philosophical texts and reflect on theories and findings from other relevant disciplines - such as psychology, cognitive science, and artificial intelligence - and gain more insights into mental phenomena, such as ‘emotions’, ‘intelligence’ and ‘cognition’.
Study themes at the intersection of philosophy and psychology and reflect on the mental phenomena that jointly make up the ‘human mind’.
Examples of questions you will reflect on:
- What role do and should emotions play in our decision making?
- How do we cope with crises, risks, uncertainties and turbulence?
- How susceptible are we to external influences and how should this affect our claims about being free and autonomous agents?
- How and to what extent is the human mode of coming to grips with reality through (knowledge-based) understanding, itself limited and a hindrance in understanding the human mind?
- What are the limits of a scientific understanding of the human species?
- What does psychology, as a discipline, has to contribute to our understanding of all this? And how can philosophy help deepen that understanding?
Ready to apply?Visit course website
Master of Arts
The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) is a student-centred system based on the student workload required to achieve the objectives of a programme of study. Its aim is to facilitate the recognition of study periods undertaken by mobile students through the transfer of credits. The ECTS is based on the principle that 60 credits are equivalent to the workload of full-time student during one academic year.
No Numerus Fixus
Without numerus fixus.
Tuition fee 2023/2024
The EU/EEA rate is the regular fee for students from within the EU/EEA.
The non-EU/EEA rate is the rate for students from outside the EU/EEA.
The institutional rate is for all students who have already obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree and who want to start a second programme leading to a degree at the same level or at a lower level.
Application requirementsInformation not available
- IELTS overall band
- IELTS listening
- IELTS reading
- IELTS speaking
- IELTS writing
- TOEFL internet based
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
Check when you can start and what you have to pay!
|Start date||App. deadline EU/EEA||App. deadline Non-EU/EEA|
|1 Sep '23||1 Jun '23||1 Apr '23|
|1 Feb '24||1 Dec '23||1 Oct '23|
5037 AB Tilburg
013 - 4662211