Tourism, Society & Environment
The 2-year MSc programme focuses on the role of tourism in developing sustainable answers to societal and environmental challenges (e.g. climate change, capitalism, global security, humanitarian aid)
Five attributes characterize the programme:
* Sustainability. The programme aspires to produce graduates who do not tacitly contribute to conventional tourism practices, but who critically reflect on and develop new and challenging approaches and world-views.
* High-quality scientific knowledge: the programme is research focused and educates students in both theoretical research and theory-based practice-oriented research. We offer students a teaching environment that provides a multi-disciplinary social science perspective as well as an understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
* International. We cultivate a worldly environment within and beyond the classroom via teaching staff, students, materials and international guest lecturers.
* Rich learning environments: students interact with a range of practitioners through guest lectures, excursions, assignments, internships and thesis and academic consultancy projects.
* Flexible and personalised learning paths: we consider it essential to offer students an opportunity to explore and specialise in a variety of thematic trajectories involving a wide variety of perspectives.
Ready to apply?Visit course website
Master of Science
Information not available
No Numerus Fixus
Without numerus fixus.
Tuition fee 2023/2024
The EU/EEA rate is the regular fee for students from within the EU/EEA.
The non-EU/EEA rate is the rate for students from outside the EU/EEA.
The institutional rate is for all students who have already obtained a bachelor’s or master’s degree and who want to start a second programme leading to a degree at the same level or at a lower level.
Application requirementsInformation not available
- IELTS overall band
- IELTS speaking
- TOEFL internet based
Check when you can start and what you have to pay!
|Start date||App. deadline EU/EEA||App. deadline Non-EU/EEA|
|1 Sep '23||1 Jul '23||1 May '23|
You can check if you're eligible for scholarships that apply to this course.
StuNed Scholarship Programme
StuNed Scholarships for master studies, short courses and customised training programmes are available for Indonesian professionals with at least 2 years' work experience in a development-related organisation.
Orange Knowledge Programma (OKP)
The Orange Knowledge Programme aims to contribute to a society's sustainable and inclusive development. Its scholarships are open to mid-career professionals in specific countries.
Wageningen University & ResearchMain address
6708 PB Wageningen
0317 - 484848