About this scholarship
This scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies. Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship.
Grant award period
The grant is awarded for 1 year and can only be received once.
How to apply
- Your nationality is non-EEA.
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s programme at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution.
- You do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
Code of conduct
Nuffic or programmes managed by Nuffic may not be involved in activities involving unacceptable behaviour. It can be about interpersonal or financial misconduct or abuses of power. Nuffic has an Integrity Code of Conduct to combat unacceptable behaviour. In addition, activities involving the following situations/behaviour are considered unacceptable:
- bankruptcy, insolvency or winding-up procedures;
- breach of obligations relating to the payment of taxes or social security contributions;
- conduct related to a criminal organisation;
- money laundering or terrorist financing;
- terrorist offenses or offenses linked to terrorist activities;
- creating a shell company;
- being a shell company.
When we implement our programmes, we acknowledge our Code of Conduct. In our Code of Conduct we describe how we put our mission and values into practice every day. We explain the professional and ethical behaviour that is expected from all of us and those who handle individual NL Scholarships.
Read our Code of Conduct.
Participating research universities and universities of applied sciences
The list of participating universities changes every year. Below you can find an overview of the Dutch research universities participating in the Holland Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Participating research universities 2023-2024
Below is an overview of the Dutch research universities participating in the NL Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year. You can find the specific closing dates and the fields of study for this academic year on the website of the institution you want to apply to.
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University
Participating universities of applied sciences 2023-2024
Below is an overview of the Dutch universities of applied sciences participating in the NL Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Driestar educatief
- Design Academy Eindhoven
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie (pdf, 400 kB)
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
Please note that the application deadline for the academic year 2023-2024 has passed. The application for the academic year 2024-2025 will open around November 2023.