A limited number of approximately 20 scholarships a year is awarded to female and male professionals who are:
- highly motivated;
- living and working in Algeria;
- 20 to 45 years old;
- proficient in English;
- working in one of the priority areas fitting the MSP approach for Algeria;
- using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organisation after the training;
- agreeing to the MSP obligations and conditions (133.9 kB).
You need English language skills because most courses are offered in English.
You have to be working within one of the following priority themes;
- safety and security
- youth entrepreneurship
- human rights
- local governance
- (renewable) energy
- (maritime) infrastructure
- water management
- environment, waste management
- agriculture/dairy and food processing
- small and medium enterprise development
You need an employer statement (105.6 kB) that is signed by you and your employer. It shows us that your employer supports your application. And that you can share the knowledge and experience you gained in the Netherlands once you return to Algeria. This is required because the MSP is focused at strengthening organisations by strengthening people.
If you are a civil servant in Algeria you need a signed government statement (25.7 kB). This certifies the support of the Algerian government for your MSP application.
To arrange a government statement, please contact your Ministry. Please note that this can take 4 to 8 weeks.
The education institution will inform you on the requirements needed for your application. Most of the courses are designed for professionals with at least a BSC-level (or equivalent) and a minimum of relevant working experience. Applications from students will not be taken into consideration.
In order to apply for one of the courses you must motivate:
- that you work within the priority themes for Algeria as mentioned above;
- how the courses will strengthen both you and the organisation you work for;
- how you will use your newly gained knowledge and experience in your organisation after your study.
We especially encourage women to apply for a scholarship. 50% of all scholarships per country are reserved for women.
This is the provisional MSP course list for the application round that is opening on 31 August 2022 and closing on 11 October 2022 4 pm CEST. Please note that some education institutions have an earlier deadline.
University of Amsterdam
Application deadline: 11 October 2022 4 pm CEST
Mental Health, Youth and Society
Multilateralism, Globalisation and Corporate Diplomacy
Placemaking: Sense, Space and Strategy -
Summer Institute on Culture and Society -
The Circular City: Towards a Sustainable Urban Ecosystem
All courses are blended (online combined with face to face)
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
You have to apply in 2 steps:
- Apply for academic admission at IHE Delft.
Deadline: Sunday 25 September 2022.
- Apply for a MSP scholarship in Nuffic's online application system.
Deadline: 11 October 4 pm CEST.
Groundwater Resources and Treatment
Water Infrastructure Asset Management
Citizen Science for Water Management and Sustainable Development
Stakeholders, Partnerships and Network Analysis
Managing Resilient Water Utilities
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment at Project and Strategic Levels
Experimental Methods in Desalination and Membrane Technology
Ecosystem Services Assessment for Informed Decision-making
Remote Sensing for Agricultural Water Management
Water Resources Planning under Changing Climate and Environment
MDF Training & Consultancy
Management of Development Projects and Programmes
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning course (blended)
Full Advocacy & Policy Influencing PMEL & skills (blended)
Gender Mainstreaming in Development (blended)
Maastricht School of Management (MSM)
The MSM application deadline is 09 October 2022. Applicants need to submit their application in the MSM system first before they receive the application link for Delta.
RNTC Media Training Centre
The Hague Academy for Local Governance
Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation
Governance and Food Safety in International Food Chains
Evaluating and Managing for Sustainable Development Impact
Inclusive and Sustainable Food Systems for a Food Secure Future
Contemporary Approaches to Genetic Resources Conservation and Use
Guiding Seed Sector Transformation
Aquaculture Smallholder Business Development
Integrated Pest Management and Food Safety
Milking to Potential
Making Agriculture Work for Food and Nutrition Security
Water Stewardship for Climate Resilience
Potato Sector Development for Emerging Markets
Horticulture Sector Development for Emerging Markets
The text continues below the picture.
"This Diploma really helped me how to be more active in my work in my career, It helped me to become more independent, how to take decisions, and also how to have an open mind and to believe in others“ - Afnan Ayesh
How to apply
You always have to apply in 2 steps:
- Apply for academic admission through the education institution.
- Apply for the scholarship through Nuffic's online application system. Please check the conditions for receiving the link at the education institution of your choice.
Contact the education institution of your choice well in time to receive more information about the application procedure and deadlines.
- Check whether you fit the requirements and approach for Algeria.
- Choose a course from the list above.
- Contact the education institution offering the course as soon as possible. We strongly advise you to contact the institution of your choice long before an application round opens, as additional academic requirements may be needed.
- Apply for an MSP scholarship through a link for Nuffic’s online registration system which you receive from the education institution. Please check the conditions for receiving the link at the education institution of your choice.
Twice a year you can apply during an application round for a MSP, usually in February and in September. Results of applications are announced 3 to 4 months after application.
The MSP is a very competitive scholarship. Only a small number of the best candidates receive a scholarship. The available scholarships are equally distributed across the participating countries, taking into account the available budget and the quality of the applications. 50% of all scholarships per country are reserved for female applicants.
Please contact the education institution where you want to study on questions regarding your application for the MSP scholarship. For other questions please feel free to contact Nuffic on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other opportunities for Algeria
Don’t fit the MSP requirements? Or would you like to do another course? An independent and up-to-date overview of English-taught programmes in the Netherlands is available in the Studyfinder.
We also highlight the following other scholarships for Algeria: