A limited number of approximately 20 scholarships a year is awarded to female and male professionals who are:
- highly motivated;
- living and working in Morocco;
- 20 to 45 years old;
- proficient in English;
- working in one of the priority areas fitting the MSP approach for Morocco;
- using and transferring their knowledge and experience in their employing organisation after the training;
- agreeing to the MSP obligations and conditions (133.9 kB). Please note that for the application round of 2023, a new version of the MSP obligations and conditions is to be released soon.
You need English language skills because most courses are offered in English.
You have to be working within one of the following priority themes;
- economic development and entrepreneurship
- youth empowerment
- prevention of radicalization and migration
- water (transport, logistics and port development)
- renewable energy
You need an employer statement (105.6 kB) that is signed by you and your employer. It shows us that your employer supports your application. And that you can share the knowledge and experience you gained in the Netherlands once you return to Morocco. This is required because the MSP is focused at strengthening organisations by strengthening people.
If you are a civil servant in Morocco you need a signed government statement (25.7 kB). This certifies the support of the Moroccan government for your MSP application.
To arrange a government statement, please contact the administration of your organisation. Please note that this can take 2 to 4 weeks.
The education institution will inform you on the requirements needed for your application. Most of the courses are designed for professionals with at least a BSC-level (or equivalent) and a minimum of relevant working experience. Applications from students will not be taken into consideration.
In order to apply for one of the courses you must motivate:
- that you work within the priority themes for Morocco as mentioned above;
- how the courses will strengthen both you and the organisation you work for;
- how you will use your newly gained knowledge and experience in your organisation after your study.
We especially encourage women to apply for a scholarship. 50% of all scholarships per country are reserved for women.
The text continues below the picture.
“I gained a lot of knowledge, skills and experience. I believe women need to develop their skills in my country“ - Noor Al Thafeer
This is the provisional MSP course list for the application round that is opening on 8 February 2023 and closing on 30 March 2023 16:00 CET. Please note that some education institutions have an earlier deadline.
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
You have to apply in 2 steps:
- Apply for academic admission at IHE Delft.
Deadline: 19 March 2023 16:00 CET
- Only candidates who meet the admissions criteria will receive an email to apply for a MSP scholarship in Nuffic’s online application system.
Deadline: 30 March 16:00 CET.
Using Open Data, QGIS and HEC-RAS for Hydraulic Modelling
Small Hydropower Developments
Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Assessment
Water Infrastructure Asset Management
Water Quality Assessment and Monitoring
Institute for Housing and Urban Development (IHS)
Application deadline: 29 March 2023 16:00 CET
Urban Management: Good Governance in Complex Contemporary Cities
Developing Social Housing Projects
Sustainable Urban Development
MDF Training & Consultancy
Application deadline: 30 March 2023 16:00 CET
Management of Development Projects and Programmes
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning course
Advocacy & Policy Influencing course: strategy and skills
Maastricht School of Management (MSM)
The MSM application deadline is 24 March 2023. Applicants need to submit their application in the MSM system first. Only nominated candidates will receive the application link for Nuffic Delta Application.
Application deadline: 24 March 2023 16:00 CET
Project Management (blended)*
Small Agribusiness Development
Strategic Leadership & Change Management
Sustainable Business Development
*Project Management course is a blended course. This course consist of an online part of 4 weeks and a face to face part of 7 days (on campus).
The Hague Academy for Local Governance
Application procedure is a 2-tiered application procedure, only candidates that comply with the eligibility criteria will receive a link to apply to Nuffic’s Delta Application. The Hague Academy application deadline is 2 weeks prior to Nuffic’s deadline.
Application deadline: 16 March 2023
Fiscal Decentralisation & Local Finance
Integrity & Anti-Corruption
Multilevel Water Governance
Local Economic Development
Citizen Participation & Inclusive Governance
Conflict, Rule of Law & Local Security
Gender Responsive Governance
University of Twente
Application deadline: 30 March 2023 16.00 CET
Principles of Geo-information Science and Earth Observation
Applications of Geo-information Science and Earth Observation
Water, Climate and Cities (distance course)
Earth Observation for Flood and Drought Monitoring using Cloud Resources and Online Processing (distance course)
How to apply
You always have to apply in 2 steps:
- Apply for academic admission through the education institution.
- Apply for the scholarship through Nuffic's online application system. Please check the conditions for receiving the link at the education institution of your choice.
Contact the education institution of your choice well in time to receive more information about the application procedure and deadlines.
- Check whether you fit the requirements and approach for Morocco.
- Choose a course from the list above.
- Contact the education institution offering the course as soon as possible. We strongly advise you to contact the institution of your choice long before an application round opens, as additional academic requirements may be needed.
- Apply for an MSP scholarship through a link for Nuffic’s online registration system which you receive from the education institution. Please check the conditions for receiving the link at the education institution of your choice.
Twice a year you can apply during an application round for a MSP, usually in February and in September. Results of applications are announced 3 to 4 months after application.
The MSP is a very competitive scholarship. Only a small number of the best candidates receive a scholarship. The available scholarships are equally distributed across the participating countries, taking into account the available budget and the quality of the applications. 50% of all scholarships per country are reserved for female applicants.
Please contact the education institution where you want to study on questions regarding your application for the MSP scholarship. For other questions please feel free to contact Nuffic on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other opportunities for Morocco
Don’t fit the MSP requirements? Or would you like to do another course? An independent and up-to-date overview of English-taught programmes in the Netherlands is available in the Studyfinder.
We also highlight the following other scholarships for Morocco:
- students and organisations: Erasmus Mundus
- students: Holland Scholarship
- civil servants: Shiraka Training Programme